[TYPO3-dam] dam files versioning

Jonas Dübi jd at cabag.ch
Thu Jun 3 11:33:33 CEST 2010

Hello Dennis

Dennis Jöst schrieb:
> Am 19.05.2010 18:34, schrieb Jonas Dübi:
> Nice, this sounds very interesting for us. We thought about implementing
> this simple feature too. Perhaps we can implement this together and
> upload this as an dam extension to TER. I'll contact you per PM.

Unfortunately workspace support in DAM is totally broken. First we
thought that at least the Versioning of the meta information records in
tx_dam is working (because this should be done with TCE and wouldn't
need much work in DAM). But because of the insane storing, updating,
listing and indexing functions it is a mess. You end up with several
parallel records and broken links.

I tried about 10 patches from bugs.typo3.org and you can fix some
symptoms of the version mess, but in the database it's still a mess and
nobody fixed the problem that you end up with several records for the
same file and different data depending if you changed them in a
workspace or live or if you published them...

Our next step is to add a possibility to disable the workspace support
completely...

Best regards
Jonas

PS: If we're completely wrong and DAM Meta works great with Workspaces,
we will be very happy if you could show us what we are doing wrong. But
because I actually spent two days working my self trough a lot of bug
reports, patches and changes in the code with testing, I think you won't
be able to surprise me :-(