[TYPO3-dam] DAM and TYPO3 4.5

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Dec 9 17:13:14 CET 2010

Hi everyone, especially Dan :),

TYPO3 4.5 will introduce a File Abstraction Layer that will replace a
part of DAM's functionality. As far as I know Dan is part of the FAL
project.

We now have several issues in the bugtracker concering changes in TYPO3
4.5. ATM we are working on two branches:

- Trunk is DAM 1.2dev, open for new features, requiring TYPO3 4.4 (or 4.3?)

- Branch 1.1 is DAM 1.1.8dev, bugfixes only, minimum (still supported)
TYPO3 version 4.2.

I'm still not sure if FAL will replace the "filelist" sysext or if the
user will have a choice whether to install FAL or not. Either way I
think there will be fundamental changes necessary to continue working
with DAM.

What are the plans for DAM 1.1 and 1.2. Is there a roadmap for DAM 1.2?

What are the plans for DAM on TYPO3 4.5? Will there be a completely new
extension or should we start fixing the 4.5 issues in DAM trunk?

Thanks for your information.

Lorenz