[TYPO3-dam] Indexing and MM reference table

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Thu Dec 9 12:08:45 CET 2010

Hey list,

when running an index check on the uploads directory, do those files get
indexed (saved on tx_dam table) or is there something I need to set to
get them in there (i.e. make them available for selection)?

Problem I have currently is when selecting images by reference from
content elements, I don't get many of them (those which are not on
tx_dam, just on file tracking table) and therefore the content is not
displayed properly.

The site had a lot of existing images (~3500) which have to get indexed.
Could be am just doing something wrong when trying to index them
manually. To be honest didn't find a way to get a full index run
applied, just the uploads folder checking. Maybe someone can give me a
hint on how to index all those files properly for DAM.

Also the reference MM table is rather empty currently, when do entries
get inserted there?

Cheers and best regards

Jörg Lingott