[TYPO3-dam] dam_catedit: Can't create a category with a normal user

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Aug 26 15:00:20 CEST 2010

Hi Andy

 > We need a user which is responsible for the DAM-categories so I create a
 > user with following permissions:
 > http://imgur.com/1xfL4.gif (He also has access to the category module
under
 > "Media")
 >
 > When the user clicks on a category, all he sees is the "Info"-option:
 > http://imgur.com/SXbbF.gif
 >
 > In the "Access" menu, his group has r/w permissions on the DB-mount.

Does the user also have rights to modify the table "Media Category" and
are the allowed excludefields for Media category set?

 > Is this a known problem? Does anyone know a workaround? I tried to add
 > categories in the "List" module but there, the categories aren't
clickable.

The only known problem is that a normal user can't add categories on
root level. See bug report with workaround:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6014

Therefore it must be a permission problem.

Best regards,

Lorenz