[TYPO3-dam] dam_catedit: Can't create a category with a normal user

Andy Pattynama andy.pattynama at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:52:34 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I'm using TYPO3 4.4.2 with dam 1.1.5 and dam_catedit 1.1.2.

We need a user which is responsible for the DAM-categories so I create a
user with following permissions:
http://imgur.com/1xfL4.gif (He also has access to the category module under
"Media")

When the user clicks on a category, all he sees is the "Info"-option:
http://imgur.com/SXbbF.gif

In the "Access" menu, his group has r/w permissions on the DB-mount.

Is this a known problem? Does anyone know a workaround? I tried to add
categories in the "List" module but there, the categories aren't clickable.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andy