[TYPO3-dam] DAM and t3 filelist?

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Apr 2 14:57:50 CEST 2010

Tizian Schmidlin wrote:
> Am 30.03.10 18:21, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your input, I'll sure need this too but how can I
>>> completely exclude the DAM extension from being viewed by one groupe
>>> of users? Like they would use the standard file management fo typo3 4.3?
>>
>> yes, even easier (the other would not have worked anyway):
>>
>> You can use the access list feature of the be user groups. There you can
>> hide (disallow) certain modules.
>> If your users have to belong to both othergroups, I suggest using roles2
>> to switch groups easily.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Phil
>>
> Hi Phil,
>
> I think I wasn't clear at all but it's no matter. Here is the way it
> works for what I wanted to do:
>
> 1. Install DAM
> 1.1 Usual install but check "Enable Web>File"
> 2. Create both groups
> 3. Configure the modules permissions for DAM for the group you want to
> use it and disallow "normal" filelist
> 4. Disallow the DAM usage for the second group and allow "normal" filelist
>
> Now I have a new problem :
>
> The users who don't use DAM do not see the not indexed files in their
> folder.

I'd doubth this; that is, in case:
- second group has access to the classical fileadmin (instead of the media)
- second group does have the right filemount
they DO for sure see all the files.

Only thing I can imagine would be that the Element-Browser might not
behave as expected, which stems form the fact that the installation of
DAM replaces the standard EM with the DAM-EM.

> Anyone an idea how make those files available again for my non-DAM users?
> Greats
> Tizian

In general: I'd never ever mix DAM and non-DAM within one T3-instance,
cause it certainly leads to confusion and unnecessary complexity.

hth regards
PS: Last thought: you could easily run a cron-job to automatically (re-)
index all non-indexed files. (dee dam-docu)