[TYPO3-dam] Securing files using dam_fileslinks

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Apr 2 14:50:38 CEST 2010

Roberto Presedo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using dam_filelinks to secure files downloads, adding a file's
> permissions check and hiding the direct download link.
>
> But this extension only works with the content type "Filelinks". Is there a
> way to get file links secured also if those are generated from an other
> content type ('Text', 'Text w/images', ...)
> Thanks
> Roberto

Roberto,
A client of our recently had the same requirement, and my colleague
Wolfgang Klinger developed a patch for dam, achieving the above.

Suggestion: You open a request in the bugtracker http://bugs.typo3.org/
  project: tx_dam  describing the features.
Please consider sponsoring the feature, which will speed up things.
I'll then check with Wolfgang to get the patch into one of the next
dam-releases.

regards Georg Kuehnberger