[TYPO3-dam] Required fields during upload index_fieldList ?

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Tue Sep 22 21:14:20 CEST 2009

georg kuehnberger schrieb:
> I still feel it's a bug rather than a feature ;-(

wouldbenice.org ;)

> Cool idea, however somehow too late, as this solution wont guarantee
> that all mandatory fields are being filled in; think of usecases with
> download-lists, where the app would select dam-records by category, or
> similiar.

I guess the download list is an extension. doesn't this need to check
which fields are necessary. It is like using tt_news as gallery. It onl
makes sense in this case to set the image field as required and not in
all others.

>> - extra field in tx_dam which gets true if the record is ok,
>> otherwhise a warning in the record, maybe even setting on the fly the
>> fields in TCA to required [there is a nice hook for that too in TCA]
>> and which used the cObj->enableFields hook or similar to prevent the
>> record from being used
>> Georg
>
> How could this solution work in case of changing the "mandatoryness" of
>  fields (or adding / removing mandatory fields - via TCA)? I cant
> imagine a solution (without patch-processes / consistance.checks ...).

then all records are "not ok" anymore and can't be chosen. but yeah of
course a problem

> How about Version 3:
> After the upload-indexing-dialog: the user is presented with a list of
> those dam-records (with filename + small preview) which are missing
> required metadata (acc to TCA), and those mandatory fields are rendered
> as input-fields. In case no input given for required fields, the record
> would be abandoned.

I don't like to abandone anything because maybe person A wants to index
100 files and adds - because he only knows this information - data which
is marked as optional. There would be no way to save the record because
person B would need index the records first.

> Dunno yet howto implement that one, however it would assure the needed
> consistance of required metadata.

Yeah it seems that the list of required fields is not easly changeable
but this is kind of necessary.

Georg