[TYPO3-dam] Required fields during upload index_fieldList ?

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Sep 22 22:18:43 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer wrote:
> georg kuehnberger schrieb:
>> I still feel it's a bug rather than a feature ;-(
>
> wouldbenice.org ;)

thats a fine one! (I was'nt aware of it until now)

> I don't like to abandone anything because maybe person A wants to index
> 100 files and adds - because he only knows this information - data which
> is marked as optional. There would be no way to save the record because
> person B would need index the records first.
>
>> Dunno yet howto implement that one, however it would assure the needed
>> consistance of required metadata.
>
> Yeah it seems that the list of required fields is not easly changeable
> but this is kind of necessary.
> Georg

So how about Version 4: (detached from the Upload & Insert)
Additional Backend Module (or additional Media>List/Media>File-TAB)
which presents a list of records not fulfulling the "required standard",
with easy (speak AJAX) way of adding text into those required though
empty fields. (AND/OR: Version 4b: CLI Module to send a daily e-Mail
with links to directly edit all metadata-"lacking" records).
Both versions including information about the uploading Editor;

This would allow a designated Media-Manager (or the uploading Editor) to
check and eventually fix missing pieces & guarantee the consistancy of
required meta-data.

regards g
PS: GeorgR: your first version: offering a warning during insert in
tt_content would supplement Version 4 perfectly.