[TYPO3-dam] Required fields during upload index_fieldList ?

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Tue Sep 22 14:36:36 CEST 2009

georg kuehnberger schrieb:
> To me this looks like a mid-to-huge conceptional & functional bug, as it
> results in NO possibility to asure certain fields ARE being filled in.

Yeah it would certainly be a nice feature! 2 possible ways come to my
mind (maybe not really working but at least a thought):

- extra field in tt_content (works of course only if used in content
element) which checks with a tcemain hook if used records are 'ok' and
puts out a warning (or even deletes the records again from the content
element)

- extra field in tx_dam which gets true if the record is ok, otherwhise
a warning in the record, maybe even setting on the fly the fields in TCA
to required [there is a nice hook for that too in TCA] and which used
the cObj->enableFields hook or similar to prevent the record from being used

Georg