[TYPO3-dam] Featue File Variants & extend dam_list_batch

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Mon Mar 2 09:24:30 CET 2009

Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV schrieb:
> Part of the meta data is file format, creator (application that is),
> dimensions, date/time, etc.

Those meta information belong IMO to the variant.
Meta data of the parent record would be title, description,.. but of
course it would be cool to set somewhere which fields are overlayed and
which are not.

> Maybe the "variants" should not be sharing the same meta data, but have a
> relationship (parent/child, related, ...)?

yeah but I don't know how to get a good possibility to set the
relationship. Of course a field "database releation" to tx_dam is likely
  what it will be but what is the best way to set it? Elememt Browser is
IMO not good enough, some ajax suggest?

Georg