[TYPO3-dam] writing meta data back to file

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Jan 12 17:31:42 CET 2009

Martin Holtz schreef:
> FYI:
>
> i did a first step in writing meta into files.
>
> The extension "exiftool" is available via forge and in early development
> stage.
>
> If someone would like to help me, test the extension, defining correct
> meta-data configuration etc. i would be happy.
>
> At the moment the "exiftool" itself is shipped with the extension. So
> you only need perl installed on your server.
>
> The extension provides
> 1) an service to extract meta-data (exif, IPTC and lot more with a wide
> range of file-types)
> 2) an hook which writes the meta data into file (enabled /disable via
> extension config) if an tx_dam record is updated
> 3) a short manual - there is an example page-TS for the media-page which
> should be inserted.
>
> Todo:
> - enough;)
> - fine-tuning the configuration (Page-TSConfig at Media-Page-Record)
> - add a checkbox to tx_dam - to allow / disallow writing meta-data back
> to file
> - writing category into file meta data
> - respecting be-user rights (nothing done yet)
> - provide an option "ifEmpty" for setting meta-data if an record is
> empty (f.e. copyright)
> - documentation
> - testing, testing...
> - clean up the code
>
> ok, so i would be happy if someone would have an look at it and gives me
> some hints, if it is totally crap or a good start:)

Hi Martin,

I like the idea! It installs fine and the manual is ok for an alpha
alpha alpha version.

I cannot get any exiftool info out of the image after indexing. Should
this work out of the box?

Can you detect if exiftool is available on the system before falling
back to the included script?

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/