[TYPO3-dam] Indexing not working when uploading files in EB

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Oct 14 18:00:49 CEST 2008

Hi Jan,

Jan Schmidt wrote:
> I've installed todays 1.1.0-dev on my test clone. I cannot see any files
> in Media>Files (frame is empty, IE6 shows javascript errors). When
> uploading files with the EB the same error message appears: "Meta record
> could not be inserted: Attempt to insert a record on page 'Media' (5)
> from table 'tx_dam' without permission. Or non-existing page.". And yes,
> I did all database updates and cleared caches after installing 1.1.0-dev
> ;-) When downgrading to 1.0.14 everything is as it was before...

I think DAM 1.1. will be released quite soon - if you have a look at the roadmap, there are only 3 issues open for 1.1

Please have a look at the mailing list archives - I thinkt there was sth. about the media folder. AFAIK every user who should access DAM must have access to the (usually by the extension created) Media-sysfolder.

Did you clear your browser cache? DAM should work very well (with 4.2.2 - but you said you have this version) without javascript errors and empty frames..

The message suggests that sth.'s wrong with permissions. Did you have a look at the manual?

Steffen