[TYPO3-dam] Indexing not working when uploading files in EB

Jan Schmidt jan.schmidt at uni-greifswald.de
Tue Oct 14 18:52:52 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen!

> I think DAM 1.1. will be released quite soon - if you have a look at the roadmap, there are only 3 issues open for 1.1
> Please have a look at the mailing list archives - I thinkt there was sth. about the media folder. AFAIK every user who should access DAM must have access to the (usually by the extension created) Media-sysfolder.
> Did you clear your browser cache? DAM should work very well (with 4.2.2 - but you said you have this version) without javascript errors and empty frames..
> The message suggests that sth.'s wrong with permissions. Did you have a look at the manual?

That is what I thought too. But why can I upload files via Media>File
but not with the EB? I tried to give 'everybody' full access (all
rights!) but this changes nothing. It seems, that the EB inherits/uses
other rights than the Media>File module. I'm pretty sure that I've
double checked all possible permission problems. I've even made the user
to the owner of the media folder! The user is also member of the group
that owns the media folder! So normally it should work (as in Media>File)...

Jan