[TYPO3-dam] New extension "damlightbox" - sounds interessting?

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner Ronald.Steiner at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:40:22 CET 2008

Hi Torsten,

> Thanks for checking. Then I can include a hint on that in the manual for
> the next release.

Not necessary, I worked on sourceopt before and will fix that bug there.

>> I displayed the content-element not on the page where it is stored but
>> on a different page via:
>>
>> renderedcontent = RECORDS
>>  renderedcontent {
>>    tables = tt_content
>>    source = 140
>>  }
>
> If the uid always stays fixed like in your snippet you can solve it with
> an +ext Template on the according page. Just set
>
> damlightbox.10.10.select.andWhere.dataWrap = uid=140

that is no really good option, cause
many occasions.
2) often the uid is not fixed, cause content elements are loaded through
an extension that selects a content element according for display.

Obviously the problem is somewhere else. When using:
    damlightbox.10.5 = TEXT
    damlightbox.10.5.data = GPvar:content
The uid (here 140) is displayed within the lightbox. But when switching
the debugging on, no data is debugged within the lightbox.

> I will correct
> this in the next release which will have an extended manual with more
> examples, some small code improvements, and a watermark example ;)

That sounds good.
I checked your watermark TS, and it works perfectly. It helped me
understanding how damlightbox works.
- the only drawback with all this watermarks through GIFBUILDER is that
it decreases the image quality dramatically. So for me I will come back
to good old Photoshop and watermark my images before uploading.

greetings

Ron