[TYPO3-dam] How stable is DAM?

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Fri Sep 7 09:06:27 CEST 2007

Hello Robert

We'r using DAM on some bigger Installations.

My simple answer: If you realy need it, use it. If you do not realy
realy need it, don't use it.

I would be realy carefull, it is a time consuming storry if you wanna
use it trought the whole system.

You will have to use the bleeding edge versions and you'll have to read
trought some newsgroups and stuff to get everything working.

I think it still needs a lot of development, especialy for scallability
(there are some limitations which are bad if you have a lot of files)
and versioning/workspaces.

I also thing there has to be something done to make it easier to
integrate into extisting extensions.

Keep in mind, every extension which uses files or images which are
referenced in data records have to be modified for dam.

But there is no alternative.

Regards, Jonas