[TYPO3-dam] Looking for a gallery...

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Oct 9 19:13:05 CEST 2007

Michiel Roos [Netcreators] wrote:
> georg kuehnberger schreef:
>> ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Guys,
>>> Wel G2 is no T3 extension and
>>
>> Ben you might have not seen yet:
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/gallery2/0.0.28/view/1/2/
> Well, yes. You mentioned gallery2, so of cource Ben looked it up in the
> ext_rep.
> All the gallery2 ext does (as you know of course), is that it makes the
> gallery2 database accessible from the TYPO3 backend en frontend. I don't
> know (by reading the manual) if gallery2 can read the files from the
> fileadmin (probably can).

So right you are; it's no real integration, and handles it's own
metadata; in addition it's unfortunately not (yet?) syced to fe_users;

> But it sure cannot do anything clever with the
> dam, like use the Meta data from an image for the description (it might
> be able to use the jpeg comment field or whatever, but nothing from the
> dam tables).
> Gallery2 uses it's own database (tables at least). It's not a TYPO3 ext
> in any way (except that it's 'glued' into TYPO3).

right; same or alternative DB, however g2 is mantaining it's records in
it's own tables, as you already mentioned;

anyway; I just thought I'd mention g2 as it's offering quite some
mentioned/required functionality and might act as a meaningful alternative.

regards georg