[TYPO3-dam] Looking for a gallery...

Michiel Roos [Netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Oct 8 16:03:47 CEST 2007

georg kuehnberger schreef:
> ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
>> georg kuehnberger wrote:
>>> Karsten,
>>> It's not DAM, but did you have a look at the gallery2 implementation?
>>> As far as I can see G2 offers all you need and even more.
>>> reards georg
>>
>> Hey Guys,
>> Wel G2 is no T3 extension and
>
> Ben you might have not seen yet:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/gallery2/0.0.28/view/1/2/

Well, yes. You mentioned gallery2, so of cource Ben looked it up in the
ext_rep.

All the gallery2 ext does (as you know of course), is that it makes the
gallery2 database accessible from the TYPO3 backend en frontend. I don't
know (by reading the manual) if gallery2 can read the files from the
fileadmin (probably can). But it sure cannot do anything clever with the
dam, like use the Meta data from an image for the description (it might
be able to use the jpeg comment field or whatever, but nothing from the
dam tables).

Gallery2 uses it's own database (tables at least). It's not a TYPO3 ext
in any way (except that it's 'glued' into TYPO3).

So I really agree with Ben and Karsten. We can use a do-all be-all
gallery extension that can use the dam, use nested categories,
subgalleries, zoombox, lightbox, etc.

Any volunteers?

:-)

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com