[TYPO3-dam] problems while indexing

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Mon May 21 23:48:45 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a file in my filesystem called "Mühle zitzmann.psd" (without
> quotes). When I index my whole fileadmin folder it only tries to index
> this file (no other file, only this one) but it outputs M?hle
> zitzmann.psd as the filename. This file is repeated over and over...
>
> In the log module, TYPO3 outputs 18:22        andreasbalzer at LIVE
> DB             Einfügen        Record 'M' (tx_dam:4946) was inserted on
> page 'Media' (356) (msg#1.1.10)
> .        .        .                .        These fields are not
> properly updated in database: (file_name,title,file_dl_name) Probably
> value mismatch with fieldtype.

Hi Andreas,

Obviously special characters are not dealt with properly here. Check the
changelog. I think Rene already did stuff to fix some issues concerning special
charcters.

Maybe you should set UTF-8 in the install tool for the filesystem? Could that be it?

HTH

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation