[TYPO3-dam] folder to category

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Tue Mar 13 16:56:12 CET 2007

> In a previous thread you mentioned that the folder to category function
> would be fixed in beta02. This is not the case in my installation. Is this
> still a know problem?

Hi Ben and others

I just tested in Ben's installation (which seem to use beta03) the 'Categorize
files from folder names' indexing option and it works for me. :-)

- There's a category 'test' (is in fact a subcategory)
- I created a folder 'test'
- I uploaded a file to 'test' folder
- I called the Indexing module and selected the option 'Categorize files from
folder names'
- I selected the option 'Reindexing' (no matter which sub-option)
- I started the indexing and finally the file got the category 'test' applied

- Then I renamed the folder to 'Test' which works too when 'fuzzy' is enabled.
- Then I renamed the folder to 'Testing' which works not - as expected.

I created an indexing setup (Media>Tools) and saved it to the test folder.
Uploading a file to that folder will use that setup and will apply the
category.

BUT: Saving an indexing setup is currently broken and just do not work. Will
be fixed in next version. You have to create the file '.indexing.setup.xml'
manually and copy the xml created by the module into it.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab