[TYPO3-dam] DAM META on normal pages?

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Thu Mar 8 08:45:18 CET 2007

Hi

To store DAM records on normal pages does not make sense. However DAM records
have to be stored in a SysFolder like other special records in TYPO3 too.

Currently only one Media folder is possible, but in principle it can be
changed without much hassle to define which Media folder to use.

Anyway, that does not mean that a user can work with multiple Media folders,
it will be possible to use only one Media folder at a time.
Maybe the user could switch Media folders if he has access to 2 or more
folders.

But it is unclear which side effects this will have. For example a user can
see media items in a content element he doesn't have access to, because it's
stored in a different Media folder. Maybe operations are possible there.
Should the user be allowed to edit meta data of this media item, or not?

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab