[TYPO3-dam] Any new news?

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Mon Jul 16 00:23:28 CEST 2007

Hi!
I have read the posts in here. Quite interesting where my initial
posting has lead to..

Aem.
Daniel Hinderink schrieb:
> Appeals like the one you are writing below will have no effect.
> René _can't_ do as you ask him, if _we_ don't put him in a position
> where he can! That means time (paid for) and additional manpower (paid
> for) in his vicinity. That is the heart of Ekki's suggestion.
Personally I don't like this approach. Rene should be paid if he
contributes code or actually manages the extension. The including of
patch files shouldn't be paid, as it's a job that can be done by many
people (unpaid).

> So we can either watch it die, or do something _together_ to improve the
> situation.
Right, I wonder whether you chose the word "we" to say something
specific. ;) What about a team that takes the DAM development over?
- a team leader
- someone who includes patches (from the developers and from other
people via bugtracker)
- 2 or 3 developers
- graphic designer for icons, etc

This could be a team with access rights to a SVN, the bugtracker and to
this mailinglist. Other people could join the team if the team is
looking for someone and other people could write patchfiles and upload
them to the bugtracker. That way the development of DAM is safe on one
hand (because not everyone can get his codes into it) but on the other
hand they can send patchfiles to the team and so it's somehow open.

What do you think? I mean we are more then 5 people here. If we stop
talking about how something could be organized in months but start doing
"something _together_ to improve the situation" (form a team) then I
guess DAM could become stable in a few months ;) Am I optimistic or what? :)

Andreas