[TYPO3-dam] Any new news?

Daniel Hinderink daniel at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 06:38:01 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Hi!
> I have read the posts in here. Quite interesting where my initial
> posting has lead to..
>
> Aem.
> Daniel Hinderink schrieb:
>> Appeals like the one you are writing below will have no effect.
>> René _can't_ do as you ask him, if _we_ don't put him in a position
>> where he can! That means time (paid for) and additional manpower (paid
>> for) in his vicinity. That is the heart of Ekki's suggestion.
> Personally I don't like this approach. Rene should be paid if he
> contributes code or actually manages the extension. The including of
> patch files shouldn't be paid, as it's a job that can be done by many
> people (unpaid).

We are talking about managing the extension.

>> So we can either watch it die, or do something _together_ to improve
>> the situation.
> Right, I wonder whether you chose the word "we" to say something
> specific. ;)

We as a community.

> What about a team that takes the DAM development over?
> - a team leader
> - someone who includes patches (from the developers and from other
> people via bugtracker)

That's René and Sven.

> - 2 or 3 developers
> - graphic designer for icons, etc

Those will have to qualify and will hopefully come into the team over time.

> This could be a team with access rights to a SVN, the bugtracker and to
> this mailinglist. Other people could join the team if the team is
> looking for someone and other people could write patchfiles and upload
> them to the bugtracker. That way the development of DAM is safe on one
> hand (because not everyone can get his codes into it) but on the other
> hand they can send patchfiles to the team and so it's somehow open.

Extacly.

> What do you think? I mean we are more then 5 people here. If we stop
> talking about how something could be organized in months but start doing
> "something _together_ to improve the situation" (form a team) then I
> guess DAM could become stable in a few months ;) Am I optimistic or
> what? :)

There is no option to take over the DAM, I think.

So if you want to do it with René, the possibilty is here.
It just needs to be taken.

cheers

Daniel