[TYPO3-dam] DAM RC1 - Multilanguage Editing - TestReport

georg k georg at georg.org
Sat Apr 21 16:41:34 CEST 2007

Rene,
Thanks for all the upcommuning changes upfront.

One last idea in regards to translations, which ocurred to me the last
days, might ease the translation-process.

The "normal" translation workflow on Page/Element-Base works like:
In Web > Page > (Dropdown) Languages:
- "Make new translation of this page:" > translate Page-Titel.
- "Copy default content elements [X]:

Now during translation of the new alt_lang content-element, the user is
presented the media-objects with the info-icon (zoom2.gif) which only
allows for viewing in the pop-up.
This pop-up could now be used to edit the meta-data-record of the
matching alt_lang;

That is, the translator would not need to switch to mod_list or mod_file
in order to do translations of dam records and he could stay within his
given context.

Guess this could be easily implemented, but did'nt look into the code yet.

Enjoy your holidays, as I'll do mine.
regards georg