[TYPO3-dam] ce_gallery, dam categories and a little bit of be user permissions issues

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Oct 4 10:09:29 CEST 2006

Hello Eduard,

> As I mentioned earlier what I did first is install the extension
> ch_treeview.
>
> Then I changed the file flexform_ds_pi1.xml and put the following code in
> the config section of the <categoryView>
>

> This is my very first piece of code where I actually managed to get someting
> from the database inside Typo3 so the code must look awful to some of you,
> so please improve it if you like.

I and Christian Lang have implemented nearly the same things for the
tt_products extension and the table tt_products_cat. I have already
modified the extension mbi_products_categories to support also other
tables and even mm-tables to categories.
And it would also be possible to write some code to use the Graytree
extension for DAM categories.

I am also starting to write now some code to display the DAM categories
within tt_products.

Unfortunately there seems to be nobody responsible for the DAM extension
whom we could ask.

What do you think where to code should be put into and if the Graytree
Library should be used? And if the category library for DAM should come
into tt_products or somewhere else?

Greets,

Franz