[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.1 beta01 for download - (dam_downloads)

Karl-Ernst Kiel kekiel at kekiel.de
Sun Nov 26 23:27:51 CET 2006

Hi René!

Sorry - I did not read your post before I started the "dam_downloads -
future and features" thread. Some of my questions would have been
obsolete...

René Fritz wrote:
> I'm also interested in the changes made on dam_downloads. Please send me your
> code. I may (not promise) make a "best of" compilation with adoption to DAM
> 1.1.

OK - please give me one or two days...
Does this mean that there will be a FE-Part beyond the dam_demo_pi in
DAM 1.1?

> I think (and hope) the 1.1 API will be stable and makes sense. I see it as a
> good basis which can be extended.

This is my impression, too!

> As you can see in the dam_demo_pi plugins using the API is very easy now.
> Nevertheless tx_dam and tx_dam_media lacks some functions which will be
> finished during next week.

Great!

> But even if parts of the API works in FE mode too, some things will be missing
> in 1.1 for full featured FE support. That is for example easy access to
> category stuff. Additional FE functions could be delivered with 1.2, I would
> say.

OK. I hope this DAM FE discussion I started will help to paint a picture
of how the FE side could look like and get a status report ot the
current activities and not lead to more confusion or even expectations
that can not be fulfilled...

Greetings,
Karl-E.