[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.1 beta01 for download - (dam_downloads)

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Sun Nov 26 22:44:01 CET 2006

I'm also interested in the changes made on dam_downloads. Please send me your
code. I may (not promise) make a "best of" compilation with adoption to DAM
1.1.

> Until now (DAM 1.0.x) I had the impression that building an extension
> (and a website) using DAM was like building a house on sand.
> But now as DAM 1.1 is coming up the situation may change and it´s time
> to start a new attempt.

Yes. I agree.
I think (and hope) the 1.1 API will be stable and makes sense. I see it as a
good basis which can be extended.
As you can see in the dam_demo_pi plugins using the API is very easy now.
Nevertheless tx_dam and tx_dam_media lacks some functions which will be
finished during next week.

But even if parts of the API works in FE mode too, some things will be missing
in 1.1 for full featured FE support. That is for example easy access to
category stuff. Additional FE functions could be delivered with 1.2, I would
say.

René

--
COLORCUBE