[TYPO3-dam] Status of DAM developement?

Karl-Ernst Kiel kekiel at kekiel.de
Tue Nov 7 12:47:23 CET 2006

Hi!

I´d just like to know about the status of DAM developement.

This is what I know so far:

- Current version is 1.0.5 (which is in the TER).
(At first I wrote "current stable version" but I removed "stable"...)

- Rene Fritz introduced Version 1.1 alpha 02 on September, 1st.
It´s available for download on his page
http://typo3lab.colorcube.de/dam.html

- Somewhere I read (can´t remember where...) that TYPO3 4.1 is planned
to ship with "a stable version of DAM" (Version 1.1 ?)

- On November, 3rd Ben van´t Ende wrote in a post in DAM group:
"There is a DAM 2 in progress which is significantly better."

So - is there any "offical" statement/announcement for any upcoming DAM
release?

Currently I have to change a lot of things in dam,dam_categories and
dam_downloads to make things work the way I want them to.
Maybe some things would be useful to integrate into DAM or some features
will already be part of the next release? This is why I´m asking.

Best regards,
Karl-E.