[TYPO3-dam] categories for pages

Martin Baum martin_baum at gmx.net
Wed Nov 1 11:26:33 CET 2006

hello
currently I'm working on the same problem - connecting the DAM
categories with pages. You can find my solution below.

I placed this inside my tables.php file It's a part of the tx_dam
$TCA definition, written by Rene Fritz:

/**************************************
  *
  *
  * Adding the category browser to the page - TCEForm
  *
  *
  */
$tempColumns = Array (
	"tx_testdamtree_dam_cats" => Array (  // your mm - table!
		"exclude" => 1,
		"label" => "LLL:EXT:test_dam_tree/
locallang_db.xml:pages.tx_testdamtree_dam_cats",
		"config" => Array (
			'type' => 'select',
			'form_type' => 'user',
			'userFunc' => 'EXT:dam/lib/
class.tx_dam_tcefunc.php:&tx_dam_tceFunc->getSingleField_selectTree',
			'treeViewBrowseable' => true,
			'treeViewClass' => 'EXT:dam/components/
class.tx_dam_selectionCategory.php:&tx_dam_selectionCategory', //
don't work here: $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['dam']
['selectionClasses']['txdamCat']
			'foreign_table' => 'tx_dam_cat',
			'size' => 4,
			'autoSizeMax' => 30,
			'minitems' => 0,
			'maxitems' => 2, // workaround - should be 1
			'default' => '',
			'MM' => 'pages_tx_testdamtree_dam_cats_mm' // your mm - table!
		)
	),
);
t3lib_div::loadTCA("pages");
t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns("pages",$tempColumns,1);
t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes("pages","tx_testdamtree_dam_cats;;;;
1-1-1"); // your mm - table!

Now a DAM - Category tree should be rendered in the TCE Form of the
page record. hope this is helpfull.
if you have any suggestions about this, feedback whould be nice

Kind regards
Martin Baum

Ohlauer Straße 41
80997 München