[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sun May 7 20:43:27 CEST 2006

Rupert Germann wrote:
> Pieter wrote:
>> Hello DAM people,
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> after digging through tcemain and loaddbgroup for hours I think I found a
> fix for the nasty mmforeign problem.
>
> please check out:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3437
>
> and tell me if the fix works for you, too.
>
> greets
> rupert

Hello Rupert,

thanks for the efforts so far!  I'll do what I can: test the new
version.  I'm doing this with tt_news 2.2.24 and dam_filelinks 0.3.1.

After installing the new version of mmforeign, I noticed that the news
relations were wrong again.  Each news item with a category not being
the category with uid=1 had 2 category items in the list again: the
category with uid=1 and the correct category.  I first thought that I
had installed the old version of mmforeign but that was not the case.
The behavior is different: after removing the category with uid=1 and
saving the tt_news item, everything is (and stays) correct for this news
item.

I started looking into this: the 'category' field in the tt_news table
contains the number of categories selected for a news item.

With mmforeign installed: the list of categories in a news item is wrong
at first.  If you remove the wrong item (with uid=1) and save, the list
is correct and stays correct.  But the 'category' field in the tt_news
table is now always zero, no matter how many categories are selected in
the listbox.

After testing this, I thought it would be better to use the latest
version of tt_news (2.3.6), so I installed that.  The extra category
does not appear with this version but the 'category' field in the
tt_news table is zero as soon as you save a tt_news item with mmforeign
  installed.

Conclusion: the new mmforeign is better but still messes up the tt_news
tables...  The 'category' field is not correct any more.  I did not
notice any immediate problems because of this but it's probably fatal
for other parts of the code.

Kind regards,
Pieter