[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sun May 7 21:43:39 CEST 2006

Pieter wrote:
> Hello Rupert,
>
> thanks for the efforts so far!  I'll do what I can: test the new
> version.  I'm doing this with tt_news 2.2.24 and dam_filelinks 0.3.1.

dam_filelinks doesn't use mm relations so it's not influenced by mmforeign.

> After installing the new version of mmforeign, I noticed that the news
> relations were wrong again.  Each news item with a category not being
> the category with uid=1 had 2 category items in the list again: the
> category with uid=1 and the correct category.

Doh!
you're right. it works only for categories that have been saved one time
with the fixed version of mmforeign installed.

> I first thought that I
> had installed the old version of mmforeign but that was not the case.
> The behavior is different: after removing the category with uid=1 and
> saving the tt_news item, everything is (and stays) correct for this news
> item.
>
> I started looking into this: the 'category' field in the tt_news table
> contains the number of categories selected for a news item.
>
> With mmforeign installed: the list of categories in a news item is wrong
> at first.  If you remove the wrong item (with uid=1) and save, the list
> is correct and stays correct.  But the 'category' field in the tt_news
> table is now always zero, no matter how many categories are selected in
> the listbox.

yes, I had to change this because mmforeign handles this field in completely
different way.

> After testing this, I thought it would be better to use the latest
> version of tt_news (2.3.6), so I installed that.  The extra category
> does not appear with this version but the 'category' field in the
> tt_news table is zero as soon as you save a tt_news item with mmforeign
>   installed.
>
> Conclusion: the new mmforeign is better but still messes up the tt_news
> tables...  The 'category' field is not correct any more.  I did not
> notice any immediate problems because of this but it's probably fatal
> for other parts of the code.

I have to admit that I don't know for what the count of mm related records
is used. mm foreign seems not to use it at all.
but I will find it out ;-)

greets
rupert