[TYPO3-dam] Front End API

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sat Jun 3 20:09:50 CEST 2006

Lucas Thurston wrote:
> Hi all,
> Cast Iron Coding (Zach Davis and myself) is beginning a project that's
> going to require a high-level (front end) DAM API.  Front end users with
> proper access will be able to upload images and other media, and the
> extension needs to be able to categorize, add metadata and store new
> files in their proper location.  We could figure out a way to do this
> specifically for our needs, but we'd prefer to help out the DAM project
> in the process.
>
> So I'm writing to ask if anyone can talk about the current state of DAM
> API development and if there are any plans for the future of the DAM
> that would be useful to know and where/how to get started.  We're
> familiar with the DAM from a administrative perspective, not from the
> code side of things.
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas

It seems to be very silent on the DAM front.
If you start developing, you'll probably need the mmforeign extension.
The version in TER is not good.  Use the latest patch available on
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3437.  This seems to work fine.  I'm
using it on a production site.

Kind regards,
--