[TYPO3-dam] upload in workspace other than Live

Eduard Renger eduard at renger.info
Sun Jun 4 01:03:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have been trying many things but I haven't been able to figure out if it
is at all possible to upload files from the backend using DAM when you do
not have rights in the Live Workspace.

For instance I have a user who is only allowed to edit certain content in a
workspace but not publish it. When I try to upload a file from say the RTE
to add a picture to a page, I can actually upload the picture, but as soon
as I try to select it it's not there. When I go to the Media->file module I
see that the little pen is grey, and in the Media->list module the file does
not show. Even after I index the directory where the file is stored the pen
remains grey and the file doesn't show up. I can only get the file to show
up if I am in Live workspace, but this user has no acces to Live workspace
so that's not a solution.

I have seen questions about this before, but they all seemed to have another
purpose. Mine is real easy. Is it possible to make use of workspaces and DAM
and still be able to upload files. Any suggestions?

thanks,
Eduard Renger