[TYPO3-dam] Front End API

Lucas Thurston lucas at castironcoding.com
Thu Jun 1 19:58:24 CEST 2006

Hi all,
Cast Iron Coding (Zach Davis and myself) is beginning a project that's
going to require a high-level (front end) DAM API.  Front end users with
proper access will be able to upload images and other media, and the
extension needs to be able to categorize, add metadata and store new
files in their proper location.  We could figure out a way to do this
specifically for our needs, but we'd prefer to help out the DAM project
in the process.

So I'm writing to ask if anyone can talk about the current state of DAM
API development and if there are any plans for the future of the DAM
that would be useful to know and where/how to get started.  We're
familiar with the DAM from a administrative perspective, not from the
code side of things.

Thanks,
Lucas