[TYPO3-dam] Link to original document/image

Sven sven at avalon.net
Fri Jan 20 05:56:24 CET 2006

René

> What can be done with .htaccess files if you use Apache.
>
> BTW. Why is there no .htaccess file editor extension?
> Is there a good PHP script out there for creating and editing of .htaccess
> files? I could make a module from it and the DAM can show different icons for
> "safe" folders.

Thanks for the idea.  Access can be controlled to some level from .htaccess

Here is a .htaccess file that will only allow access to visitors who
come from a link within the given domain Referer

	SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "yourdomain\.com" local_ref=1
	Order Allow,Deny
	Allow from env=local_ref

This is a good 80% fix.  Of course the Referer can be easily spoofed and
   the browser will cache the retrieved files that can be accessed after
logout, but this will be good enough for me - for now until a better
solution can be found.

Yours,

Sven.