[TYPO3-dam] Link to original document/image

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Thu Jan 19 09:47:59 CET 2006

> Are there plans at some point to have these files reside outside of
> fileadmin/ and possibly in a non-Web accessable directory outside the
> Appache Document_root?

This depends on the filemount and rights system of TYPO3 which should be
extended in this way. Espacially with the DAM people want to use files from
external ressources.
But this will not come with T3 V4. Maybe a 4.1?

> I'm loving DAM and the DAM download plugin.  It does exactly what I
> need, with the exception for restricting access to downloads only if you
> are logged in and are the right user.

What can be done with .htaccess files if you use Apache.

BTW. Why is there no .htaccess file editor extension?
Is there a good PHP script out there for creating and editing of .htaccess
files? I could make a module from it and the DAM can show different icons for
"safe" folders.

> Keep up the good work.

Thanks

René