[TYPO3-dam] New snapshot 18.01.06

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Wed Jan 18 21:13:02 CET 2006

Download here:
http://typo3lab.colorcube.de/dam.html

Changes:
- bugfixes, clean ups and enhances to the upload module
- small general bugfixes

I planned more for this release but you might have noticed that I fighted with
the release of the static info tables for some days. By the way, these are
not included anymore and can be downloaded from TER (but you can use the old
one too).

The upload module had some bugs in it which prevented upload - which should
work for an upload module ...
Anyway PHP has some strange behaviour sometimes which leads to simply nothing.
That means sometimes you just can't detect if the upload failed and the user
get no message.

Therefore I enhanced the feedback for the user:
- The user get a warning message that upload seems to be failed
- The user get a warning when an error occured
- The user get the error message of the failure (in english only)
- The user get a progress message
- The upload form gets disabled while uploading to prevent double clicking

The progress message is implemented using AJAX and shows in realtime how many
kilobytes are uploaded yet. (not tested in IE).
This works but has some problems in it:
- The display might reset to 0 when a second (third...) file starts to upload
- The display might not show the upload which was started by the user
The later problem is because you can just check with PHP that some files are
uploading. When another user do that at the same time you will get wrong
values. I think that is not so important and the solution should just give an
feedback.

If someone want to enhance the progress display - just go for it.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab