[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 5 03:22:38 CEST 2005

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] schrieb:
>>>What do we use?
>>
>>there should also be a FE-editing inside TV - but I'm not sure if the
> Naa... Let me say this: Rendering the page is a different thing, this should
> be fast. Example: In the gallery, what takes time is to analyse how many
> elements are available within a category and it's subcategory, the rest of
> it is fast enough I guess. I added some timetracking if you open your
> admin-panel, you'll see.

I mentioned it 'cause I've heard some rumors.
And sorry - didn't have the time today to check and analyse the extensions.

> But beside that: I think it is no problem finding a solution which takes
> care of forms fast enough ;)

I was not only thinking about forms - but you're right - FE-editing is
mostly about forms. Maybe I'm to hysterical about rendering time 'cause
of my tiny webserver.

> My problem with TCE is, that I can not change layout at all, and that I can not
> do easily any custom things with it.

Jupp - that is anoying

 > JS-validation, custom fields. So I'd
> rather invest time in something which is very flexible, and which we could
> use for most cases related to form things. paging of forms, hiding, showing
> of form-fields (via javascript), special form field configuration, special
> validation (like phone numbers) and stuff like that.

Ok, sounds good to me :)

> I'd rather add it as ajax-option with a sepratate query.
What is that? The mentioned JS-request stuff? Don't like that idea.

 > The other chance is implementing some nested
> USER->PHP_SCRIPT_EXT, as this would give you the chance to query the number
> WITHOUT initiating the whole TS engine, as rest of it is cached in the USER
> object. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sounds good to me, too - even if I have no idea what you mean with that
or how this could be done.

> If I get a few days, I could spend a little time at the evenings to get that
> hack for the commenting running on a testplatform. Then you see ?what I mean
> and how it works.

I think I understood this.

> It could be passed on of course, if this is urgent.

nope

--
Franz Koch