[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Oct 4 21:47:28 CEST 2005

> dd_links is online, but not testet with the latest efw-version. Should work
> without any problems though...

I'll have a look at it, too ;)

> We need FE-features. For example logged in users adding categories and
> images.
> My conclusion: None of the solutions do work as needed. Two ideas:
> - refactor TCA to come up with advanced features to support FE a lot more
> - build a new FE-Forms-Solution, including JS validation as well as
> serverside (accessability)...
>
> I know abour Rene, Rob and Julle thinking/working on individual solutions.
> As far as I know, none of them has put high prio on it.
>
> What do we use?

there should also be a FE-editing inside TV - but I'm not sure if the
non-working FE-editing/Timtaw is a "bug" in TV or not.

We should also think of performance when probably developing a new
FE-editing solution etc., because I think that e.g. a typo-framework
with TV, your ext_framework and maybe a new FE-editing framework will
contain huge libraries layed over the typo3-framework which might
heavily increase rendering-time. So maybe refactoring the
core-functionallities might be some better way for this - or at least
take those functionality out of the core into an extension, so that the
core is keept as small and fast as possible.

> -------
> Some sort of voting module, as well as for commenting. I got the second
> running as a hack ;)
>
> The idea is this: We could have a separate voting and commenting module,
> which could be used in various cases. For CE's, pages, records, whatever.

can you read my mind? I always wanted something like this and was going
to code at least some kind of it (as far as my skills go at least).

> Using the commenting as an example:
> - index.php?id=123&showcomments=1&table=tx_dam&element=123&...
>
> So links could be generated to show an individual sort of guestbook.This way
> you can have individual "guestbooks" for individual images, videos, content
> elements etc...
>
> Same same fits for voting.

it would also be possible to implement those features (at least voting)
into a forum (chc_forum) or whatever to easily achive portal-features.
Private Messages could work the same way.

> If this ends up in team-development, we should add a new newsgroup for
> anything related to development including dd_extensionframework, as a lot
> can be done here, a lot is already there. The good thing is that those
> things can be developed seperatly like commenting and voting.

I'm on - I need this stuff anyway :)

--
Franz Koch