[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Tue Oct 4 20:08:14 CEST 2005

dd_links is online, but not testet with the latest efw-version. Should work
without any problems though...

A couple of things on hold, which I am currently thinking about:

-------
We need FE-features. For example logged in users adding categories and
images.

- FE-Editing - What way?
    - We have proof-of-concept of feAdminLib
    - We have limited timtaw proof-of-concept

Currently I see that feAdminLib does not come up with features I need.
Timtaw also has got some drawbacks as it's basically BE-strucutre. And I am
basically talking about setting default-values with new forms and layout of
those forms (the first is a problem, the second too but not as big as the
first one).

My conclusion: None of the solutions do work as needed. Two ideas:
- refactor TCA to come up with advanced features to support FE a lot more
- build a new FE-Forms-Solution, including JS validation as well as
serverside (accessability)...

I know abour Rene, Rob and Julle thinking/working on individual solutions.
As far as I know, none of them has put high prio on it.

What do we use?

-------
Some sort of voting module, as well as for commenting. I got the second
running as a hack ;)

The idea is this: We could have a separate voting and commenting module,
which could be used in various cases. For CE's, pages, records, whatever.

Using the commenting as an example:
- index.php?id=123&showcomments=1&table=tx_dam&element=123&...

So links could be generated to show an individual sort of guestbook.This way
you can have individual "guestbooks" for individual images, videos, content
elements etc...

Same same fits for voting.

I also think that there should be some plugin thing here to add
functionality:

Having the image-gallery, you have features attached to it. Icons beside
those images. Now you add a new commenting module, you could just enable it
in your flexform for the gallery-plugin and it's shown with the images. So
the image-gallery does not know about it at all, but includes is as
registered plugin for a certain area/functionality.

----------

This could all be intergrated into the extensionframework. So taking the
link-catalog, you have these features ready automaticly ;)

If this ends up in team-development, we should add a new newsgroup for
anything related to development including dd_extensionframework, as a lot
can be done here, a lot is already there. The good thing is that those
things can be developed seperatly like commenting and voting.

Ahh, to come back to where we started, usecase:
With the voting and commenting features included via dd_extensionframework,
you comment elements. Now you show those elements as a guestbook.... guess
what... with the extensionframework, as it supports you with listview and
anything ;)

JH