[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Tue Oct 4 19:47:01 CEST 2005

> Sounds like the DAM is getting a new, highly flexible
> data-handling-method for any kind of data (not only documents) inside
> typo3 - which I'd prefere. Especially for the planned portal-features this
> sounds very nice. Centralized categories, polls, ratings etc. :)

Well, yes, no, partly ;)

I talked to Rene about a general category solution ages ago, and actualy
what DAM does with a custom tree is about that. Would be good if Rene could
join here to say something about if there is anything he is working on.
I'd love a solution like that :)

Related to the FE-Extension: If you looked close enough at dd_dam_gallery,
you'd figured out that in the typoscript-config, there is tablename etc. set
up. So you can use dd_extensionframework for any kind of records. Currently
it's either:
- 3 tables: elements, categories, mm-in-between
- directories, files, and a table as layer on top (we can hardly call that
alpha though ;))

So the case where it is just elements with categories as a ,-separated list,
this is not covered yet.

Finaly: You have a toolbox to generate an extension on the fly with it's own
tables, categorization etc..., BTW: I thought about a new kickstarter module
as extension, which makes use of it ;)

I'll upload dd_links, if it's working. As this is just another example of a
link-catalog, which I am using myself, and which is as well limited as
dd_dam_gallery ;) But anyway, the idea is to extend it further so that it
could also be a user specific link-bar for your firefox and all sorts of
things. We are using it internaly to keep track of all links which seem to
be im portant or interesting or just nice...

JH