[TYPO3-dam] problem with indexing / auto generating categories

rene gnome2k at web.de
Fri Dec 9 08:26:33 CET 2005

rene wrote:
> short: when trying the indexing with the option "from folders" the full
> path is used for categorisiation.
>
> hi newsgroup,
>
> some days ago i downloaded and installed successfully all needed dam
> extensions. i also edited the html template to fit my site design.
>
> on my first run on indexing the categories were build correctly from the
>  folder structure located at /fileadmin.
>
> after setting all up running locally i wanted to setup up the same
> online. so downloaded and installed all and try the indexing. but now,
> the full path is under my categories like the following structure:
>
> + categories
>   + fileadmin
>     + downloads
>       + maincat1
>       + maincat2
>       + maincat3
>
> but i only wanted, that the folders maincat1 - maincat3 are indexed.
> where is my error in reasoning.
>
> yes, i'm starting the indexing inside of /fileadmin/downloads but it's
> indexing the whole path.
>
> thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ok,

currently i workaround the problem. i created the needed maincats and
ran the indexing, but w/o the option indexing the subcategories too. i
works but it's not really nice to use if the client wants to add more
downloadable files.

maybe someone will have an idea how i could only start the indexing
inside the /fileadmin/downloads w/o having fileadmin and downloads added
to the categories...

thanks in advance.