[TYPO3-dam] problem with indexing / auto generating categories

rene gnome2k at web.de
Wed Dec 7 15:53:42 CET 2005

short: when trying the indexing with the option "from folders" the full
path is used for categorisiation.

hi newsgroup,

some days ago i downloaded and installed successfully all needed dam
extensions. i also edited the html template to fit my site design.

on my first run on indexing the categories were build correctly from the
 folder structure located at /fileadmin.

after setting all up running locally i wanted to setup up the same
online. so downloaded and installed all and try the indexing. but now,
the full path is under my categories like the following structure:

+ categories
  + fileadmin
    + downloads
      + maincat1
      + maincat2
      + maincat3

but i only wanted, that the folders maincat1 - maincat3 are indexed.
where is my error in reasoning.

yes, i'm starting the indexing inside of /fileadmin/downloads but it's
indexing the whole path.

thanks in advance for any ideas.