[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Jun 13 21:39:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Firstly let me say - we're faced with a problem with out any good
> solution I reckon. Especially as we're trying to fit it into a system
> for automatic use ;-)
>
> The old way didn't have a default wrapping from what I remenber - all it
> did was put a anchor tag before each content element.
>
>     <a id="c123"></a>###content###
>
> And then if you used a space before or after it added the extra html.
> Pretty good as far as it goes, but not perfect that's for sure.
>
> I don't disagree that the new method, for most cases, does not cause any
> great problems. And it is very elegant. But it's still some extra
> mark-up that's not needed - more extra classes that we don't need, but
> we're left with no other choice really.

To get rid of the default class, all you have to do is to set the
according line in TS to a empty class value. No class attribute will be
in the code if the class value is empty for a specific frame type. So
simply empty that value for the default frame and you're good, still
having a working space before/after and ID.

As for anchor tag vs nesting div tag - it's by no means more additional
markup then before - it just moved from one inline element to a wrapping
div.

> Like you, I can't think of a better way to do it than either the way it
> was done before, or the new method. The best I can come up with is using
> the old method from 4.2 for the anchor tag when there is no additionaly
> spacing needed; the new default frame with the tag id for when there is
> spacing needed; and using the new way for the other frames.

As I wrote in some of the lists, it's possible to only use the div
wrapper for CEs if really needed. I modified my CSC in a way where the
anchor id is applied to headlines if possible - and if it's applied to a
headline the wrapping div is removed if not used otherwise (frame or
space). If I find some time I'll clean up my code and provide a patch
for the core as well as some other cleanups to have TYPO3 produce clean
and valid markup by default - and with clean I really mean clean (no <p
class="bodytext", no default csc-whatever-wrapper-class etc).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch