[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 22:22:11 CEST 2009

Hi Susanne,

Firstly let me say - we're faced with a problem with out any good
solution I reckon. Especially as we're trying to fit it into a system
for automatic use ;-)

The old way didn't have a default wrapping from what I remenber - all it
did was put a anchor tag before each content element.

	<a id="c123"></a>###content###

And then if you used a space before or after it added the extra html.
Pretty good as far as it goes, but not perfect that's for sure.

I don't disagree that the new method, for most cases, does not cause any
great problems. And it is very elegant. But it's still some extra
mark-up that's not needed - more extra classes that we don't need, but
we're left with no other choice really.

Like you, I can't think of a better way to do it than either the way it
was done before, or the new method. The best I can come up with is using
the old method from 4.2 for the anchor tag when there is no additionaly
spacing needed; the new default frame with the tag id for when there is
spacing needed; and using the new way for the other frames.

Just my 2cents.