[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Jun 11 21:49:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

Tyler Kraft schrieb:
> I guess to solve this for every instance would be to have no defualt
> wrapping, but prepend a <a id=""> before the content item (like was
> previously done) and then using some prepend and append place empty divs
> before or after to achieve the spacing.

that would be reverting all changes and go back to the rendering like
done before. But consider if you use all features, I think you get with
current 4.2 rendering (from memory, not actually tested):

<a id="c123"></a>

And with the new rendering you'll get:

margin-bottom:30px;">

Minimalistic case :

4.2:

<a id="c123"></a>

new:

I still think the new way is an improvement, even if there's a wrapping
div more in the minimalistic case. It's not more markup just one level
more nesting - for those who want the way exactly as before there is the
compatibility version switch.

As for wanting that no frame option:
I'm certainly not against it but I don't have a (good) idea at the
moment how to achieve that with TS. You can give it a try and provide a
patch for it if you want to.

Regards,

Susanne

--