[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 18:32:43 CEST 2009

Hi

I also objected to this a few weeks back.

Mainly my objecting about this was that I think it's unnecessary mark
up,  and I can see it messing with some template html and css that is
used to achieve some layouts.

It's more complicated though, as the new frame wrapping also handles the
space before and after the content item, and the id tag that allows a
user to link to a specific content item.

The response I got to my objection was that it takes one line of TS to
remove this wrapping. But in my opinion that is ill conceived as then
there is no way to apply spacing above or below, or the content id tag,
  with out having to rewrite more than one line of TS.

Still, as someone once said, "you can't please all the people all the
time" so I just accepted it as in MOST cases it won't cause much of an
issue for me.

I guess to solve this for every instance would be to have no defualt
wrapping, but prepend a <a id=""> before the content item (like was
previously done) and then using some prepend and append place empty divs
before or after to achieve the spacing.

Just my thoughts