[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Thu Jun 11 18:18:05 CEST 2009

ellou' List

According to this bug [1] (in fact it's not a bug) I realized, that
there are some changes in section_frame behaviour. Now, if type of frame
is not selected it is considered as a frame with csc-default class:

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11316

The problem is that now "no frame" state doesn't exists at all, cause
every positions wraps CE's into something, so if somebody wants to build
non-standard wrapping using HTML CE he CAN NOT do it. (which is
described in the bug [1])

sample:

   CE1 (HTML): <div class="mySpecialWrap>
   CE2 (TEXT): textpic CE
   CE3 (HTML): </div>

every CE will be wrapped in <div class="csc-default>|</div> and whole
construction will be invalid.

sample:

div.mySpecialWrap-->

     ... some textpic CE

Of course this behaviour can be fixed by creating this absent type of
frame (no frame):

1. create new frame in TSconfig of the rootpage:

   TCEFORM.tt_content.section_frame.addItems.22 = NO frame!

2. Add modified type to CSC in main TS template w/out any wrap:

   tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject.22 =<
tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject

3. Set CE's frame type to "NO Frame!" (type 22)

And in general it works. However I wonder if csc-default wrap is
necessary at all... There was a discussion few years ago on the same
list, and the same topic:

[2]
http://support.typo3.org/projects/content-rendering/m/typo3-content-rendering-rfc-default-wrap-for-each-ce-section-frame-246183/p/4/

and conclusion was that should stay without any wraps if no frame is
selected.

On the other hand I understand that CSC's authors had some idea changing
this, so maybe solution would be just adding this "No frame" option to
the list of the standard frames in future versions?

What is your opinion?

My vote is +1 for new "NO frame!" type. (it can be selected later as
default via TSConfig) and it's just absent element (at least in 4.3 CSC)

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)

Polish TYPO3 Community Proud Member