[TYPO3-content-rendering] What to do with the (old) standard templates?

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Sat Jan 14 22:13:55 CET 2006

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Kai Laborenz wrote:
>> a recent diskussion in the rte group reminded me of the standard
>> templates...
>>
>> Some of them are - hm - slightly outdated in term of code quality and
>> even dont work well with the new rte. So maybe it would be a good idea
>> to check these templates and remove some an have them transferred to
>> an extension.
>>
>> Or we should give some recommendations which standard templates are ok
>> to use with 4.0.

> Ofcourse! Maybe this should be the thing to focus on next for 4.5 which
> seems just right considering the roadmap. We know they are outdated! I
> made a list of the extensions on the WIKI:
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php?title=Content_Rendering
>
> The deprecated ones can go immediately I think. Lets use this as a
> starting point. We can not only improve/modify the current ones, but
> also make new ones.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, I think this is a good idea (Ben: always one thougt ahead ;-)...).

I know there are some people making TYPO3 templates (a.e. this guy:
http://www.exotec.de/) Maybe some of them would like to donate one or
two templates if they go into the standard package...

Maybe we could make a template contest.

Greetings, Kai