[TYPO3-content-rendering] What to do with the (old) standard templates?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sat Jan 14 20:29:17 CET 2006

Kai Laborenz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> a recent diskussion in the rte group reminded me of the standard
> templates...
>
> Some of them are - hm - slightly outdated in term of code quality and
> even dont work well with the new rte. So maybe it would be a good idea
> to check these templates and remove some an have them transferred to an
> extension.
>
> Or we should give some recommendations which standard templates are ok
> to use with 4.0.

Hi Kai,

Ofcourse! Maybe this should be the thing to focus on next for 4.5 which
seems just right considering the roadmap. We know they are outdated! I
made a list of the extensions on the WIKI:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php?title=Content_Rendering

The deprecated ones can go immediately I think. Lets use this as a
starting point. We can not only improve/modify the current ones, but
also make new ones.

What do you think?

gRTz

ben